The First LTSA for Emissions ComplianceNOXCO is offering power plants a new option for managing emissions systems performance, cost and risks for aging assets.
Typical industry practice is to treat the emissions system as a series of independent components, each individually managed by the operator with the typical catalyst supplier warranty and warranty exclusions. These components include:
- Annual HRSG maintenance and cleaning
- CO and SCR catalyst testing
- Ammonia injection system maintenance
- Continuous emissions monitoring system maintenance and testing
- Catalyst replacement when the expected end of catalyst life is approaching
In this scenario, plant owners fully assume the performance risk of the emissions system viewing components independently, but lack the mechanisms to hedge costs while being exposed to consequences of emissions exceedances or performance deficiencies.
A Better Way for Power Plant Operators and Owners
NOXCO offers the first emissions compliance guarantee through an LTSA to transfer the risk of system performance and compliance from the customer to NOXCO. Cost certainty, emissions system performance optimization, and guaranteed compliance are wrapped into a single, complete system contract that includes:
- Upgrades and modifications to the emissions system.
- Identifying alternative catalyst options for improved life and performance.
- System maintenance and testing.
- Restoring beyond original condition by adjusting, modifying and tuning to achieve optimum performance.
- Delivery of services by the highest level of industry expertise available.
The cost of the NOXCO LTSA is fixed and levelized over the term of the contract to provide cost certainty and substantial lifecycle cost savings when compared to the typical industry program costs.